Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Top 10 Sushi Rolls for Beginners

Top 10 Sushi Rolls for beginners
            Have you ever wanted to try sushi, but don’t know where to begin? Well, first you need to understand that not all sushi are raw, and there are sushi rolls available for vegans as well. For example, there are cucumber rolls and avocado rolls. In this post, I have listed out the top 10 rolls in order that I would recommend trying as new beginners. I have also included descriptions on what the roll contains, so you are aware of what you’re eating. As you read each roll, you will also notice I mention the price of the roll as being cheap, average, and pricey. The price in the cheap category is around 3-5 dollars. Average is between 6-8 dollars. And anything above 10 dollars will be pricey. As you eat sushi, you will realize that sushi is expensive, but not all of them are expensive. It really depends on what you are eating.

1)     Volcano Roll

This will definitely be a roll worth to try because it has salmon, cream cheese, and crab meat. Now you might be thinking that salmon is raw, but after the roll is wrapped, they will deep-fry the whole roll.  This is a special roll, so it will be a little pricey. After the roll is done being fry, it will be covered in two special sauce, which is spicy mayo and eel sauce. 

2)     Shrimp Tempura Roll

This is just a basic roll. This roll contains breaded deep fry shrimp and cucumber, and it is also wrapped so the rice is on the outside. After the roll is cut, they will cover it in eel sauce or spicy mayo. The price to this roll is average. 

3)     California Roll

This is a very common roll. Everything in this roll is not raw. It has crab meat, cucumber, and avocado. This is worth a try because it cheap, and anyone will like it because it's so basic.

4)     Eel Roll
 http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/t/eel-roll-12177986.jpg

This roll is seaweed on the outside. It doesn’t contain anything else but eel. Now trust me, the eel is already cooked, so you don’t have to worry about eating it raw. This roll will also be covered in eel sauce. The price to this roll is average. 

5)     Philadelphia Roll

 I can say this is probably the second most commonly known roll as compared to California roll.  This roll contains smoked salmon, cream cheese, and avocado. Since it’s smoked salmon, which means the salmon is already cook. I am personally not a big fan of this roll, because of the smell smoked salmon provides, but I don’t mind eating it. The price to this roll is cheap. 

6)     Kani Roll

This roll just contains crab meat, and it is seaweed on the outside.  It is a good roll to try because the crab meat is cooked, and it gives off a sweet juicy taste. The price to this roll is also cheap. 

7)     Shrimp Cucumber Roll

This roll is rice on the outside. It has cooked shrimp and cucumber. When the chef prepares the shrimp, they squeeze lemon juice onto the shrimp after its cooked, which is why you will taste some lemon flavor.  The price to this roll is cheap. 

8)     Eel Cucumber Roll

I personally like this kind of roll because I am a big fan of eel. This roll contains just BBQ eel and cucumber. The rice is on the outside of this roll. After the roll is ready to be served, the chef will cover it in eel sauce, which gives the roll a better taste. The price to this roll is average. 

9)     Smoked Salmon Roll
 

This is a basic roll that just contains smoked salmon. Like I mention before, I am personally not a big fan of smoked salmon because of the smell it gives off, but it something worth to try as you are preparing yourself to the raw stuff. The price to this also cheap. 

10) Shrimp Avocado Roll

I would recommend this roll, but its definitely the roll you would try last, if you don’t like any of the rolls above. The reason being, it just has cooked shrimp with avocado. When it comes to sushi, I personally would like to try new things as I progressively move towards the raw stuff. This roll is rice on the outside, with no sauce on top of it. The price to this roll is cheap. 

3 comments:

  1. I like that you showed the different types of sushi, my favorite is the California roll. Great and interesting blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you mentioned different types of sushi and what ingredients they contain. I have never had sushi before but after reading your post I might try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you listed the different types of sushi. I've never had it before but this list makes me want to try some!

    ReplyDelete